Up your dessert game this winter, with an easy-to-prepare and deliciously creamy Figs and Mascarpone Tart.
The last course of the meal is always the best and no dinner party is complete without it. If you too love to invite people over for dinner often, it can be difficult to always surprise your guests with something new. So let’s take a break from the Tiramisus and cakes this week, and prepare a scrumptious tart!
The best part about this dessert is that if you already have the shell ready, it can be prepared in no time with minimal effort. Most people get cold feet just thinking about making tart shells but there is no reason to worry! Here I tell you how you can prepare tart shells and even save them to be used at a later hour. Once you master the shell, feel free to experiment with different flavours and share your adventures in kitchen with me, I would love to hear about it!
I feel figs really compliment mascarpone’s sweet and slightly tangy taste. While I love to use figs for their flavor and texture, there are many who don’t particularly fancy it. If you’re one of them, feel free to use any other fruit in place of the figs. As long as your tart shell is baked perfectly and you drizzle some amazing maple syrup on it, your dessert will taste heavenly.
So let us begin!
- For Tart Shells:
- Flour, 1½ cups
- Chilled Butter, ½ cup (cubed)
- Caster sugar, ½ cup
- Chilled Water, 1-2 tablespoons
- For Mascarpone Cream:
- Mascarpone cheese, 250 grams
- Sweetened Whipping Cream, 1 cup (add ⅓ cup icing sugar or to taste if you don't have sweetened)
- Vanilla Extract, ½ teaspoon
- For the topping:
- Fresh Figs, 3-4 (sliced)
- To make my eggless tart shells, please head to this post. It has all the details you need to make them.
- Once your tart shells are baked and cooled, it's time to fill them up. To make this mascarpone cream, whisk mascarpone cheese until it's light and fluffy about 2-3mins with an electric mixer. In a separate bowl whisk the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. This should take about 4-5 mins (tip: freeze your whipping cream; this will help you whip it quickly; also freeze the bowl you're going to be whipping it in). If you're adding icing sugar to your whipping cream, this is when you put it, and whisk until incorporated.
- Fold the whipping cream in the mascarpone cheese using a spatula, add in the vanilla extract and mix with a spatula until everything is well incorporated.
- Chill this in the refrigerator for 30 mins, once chilled fill your tart shells with this mascarpone cream using an offset spatula or a spoon. Top with fresh figs. Serve!
RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE