A simple recipe that makes beautiful tarts sans eggs with a refreshing lemon mascarpone cream topped with fresh berries and kiwis. A dessert for every season!
These simple tarts with a lemon mascarpone cream are delight for everyone! These refreshing tarts serve as great desserts for any season and are currently my top favourite, along with my no-bake lemon cheesecake! If you read my post about these eggless tart shells, you would know that it took a lot of time and research to come up with this recipe. I’ve been putting off making tarts for ages now because I’ve had quite a few unsuccessful attempts in the past but this time I was dedicated to coming up with a tart recipe that was not just fool proof but the easiest in the world. A lot of research later, I realised a few secrets to baking the best tarts that won’t shrink and they’re all listed in this post.
These tart shells are sweet and biscuity, and just the perfect for filling up with a topping of your choice, I’m a big sucker for lemons so I did this refreshingly simple lemon mascarpone cream. It is THE EASIEST in the world. You just have to whip mascarpone and whipping cream separately and then mix them with lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla essence. It takes less than 15 mins to make but is definitely the tastiest filling ever. And I topped it with some raspberries, blueberries and kiwi which went beautifully with it but you could do any fruit you like! I bet strawberries would go amazingly well with it.
- For Tart Shells:
- Flour, 1½ cups
- Chilled Butter, ½ cup (cubed)
- Caster sugar, ½ cup
- Chilled Water, 1-2 tablespoons
- For Lemon Mascarpone Cream:
- Mascarpone cheese, 250 grams
- Sweetened Whipping Cream, 1 cup (add ⅓ cup icing sugar or to taste if you don't have sweetened)
- Lemon zest, of 2 lemons
- Lemon juice, 2-3 teaspoons
- Vanilla Extract, ½ teaspoon
- For the topping:
- Fresh Berries
- Fresh Kiwi
- To make my eggless tart shells, please head to this post. It has all the details you need to make them.
- Once your tart shells are baked and cooled, it's time to fill them up. To make this lemon mascarpone, whisk mascarpone cheese until it's light and fluffy about 2-3mins with an electric mixer. In a separate bowl whisk the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. This should take about 4-5 mins (tip: freeze your whipping cream; this will help you whip it quickly). If you're adding icing sugar to your whipping cream, this is when you put it, and whisk until incorporated.
- Fold the whipping cream in the mascarpone cheese using a spatula, add in the lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract and mix with a spatula until everything is well incorporated.
- Chill this in the refrigerator for 30 mins, once chilled fill your tart shells with this lemon mascarpone cream using an offset spatula or a spoon. Top with berries and kiwis. Serve!