Learn to make the fudgiest Baileys infused chocolate truffles with this simple recipe!
Happy World Chocolate Day y’all!!
Today is a big deal for all of us chocolate lovers! It’s like all of us are united in spirit! My Instagram feed is full of World Chocolate Day posts so I thought I must share something that’s worthy of the occasion!
These Baileys infused chocolate truffles are as fudgy as they come. Rolled in unsweetened cocoa, it’s a dark chocolate lovers dream come true.
Making truffles is really simple. For a basic chocolate truffle all you need to do is make a ganache which in its purest form is made by pouring hot double cream over finely chopped chocolate. Once your ganache is all melted, you need to refrigerate it until its firm. Then you just roll it into balls and tip it into cocoa powder (or nuts), and VOILA.. your chocolate truffles are ready! To this recipe I’ve added Baileys and a little vanilla extract. You could add a splash of rum or a little bit of your favourite essence to it before refrigerating.
This simple recipe serves as a great dessert and is also a great giveaway for your friends and family!
- Dark Chocolate, 200 grams
- Double Cream, ¼ cup
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
- Baileys Liquour, 2 tablespoons
- Finely chop chocolate and tip into a glass bowl. Heat the cream and pour it over the chopped chocolate.
- Cover and let it sit for a couple of minutes and then stir.
- Add in the baileys and vanilla extract, cover and refrigerate for atleast 4 hours or until the ganache is completely firm.
- Once firm, scoop a tablespoon of the cold ganache and roll it in the palm of your hands to make a ball.
- Tip it in cocoa powder and roll to cover it completely.
- Refrigerate for an hour and serve.
- Store in an air tight container for upto 3 weeks.
SOME CHOCOLATE RECIPES THAT YOU MIGHT LIKE TO TRY:
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS (EGGLESS)
FOR MORE DESSERT RECIPES, GO HERE.