A really simple recipe to make pasta in a creamy mushroom sauce with hints of garlic. Perfect comfort food, this recipe is great for novice cooks!
What do you eat when you need to eat something soulful? Resort to chocolates? Well, I rustle up a simple pasta dish and gorge on it like no one’s watching. Making a good pasta dish is not rocket science, a handful of ingredients and you have a plate full of comfort food ready. My Creamy Mushroom Pasta is just that, it’s something I eat all the time. Simple, quick and yes..soul satisfying. <3
This recipe has a LOT of fat..butter, cream, cheese..you name it and this has it, so if you’re on a diet look away now because this sir, is not for you. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. P.S. – if you want to really cheat on your cheat day, do it with this recipe. You will thank me!
My creamy mushroom pasta recipe requires very little effort, so make it when you feel like lazying around all day in your PJs! The best part is that it tastes even better the next day..so make some extra and store it! And if you don’t fall in love with this recipe..write to me..I want to know you because I haven’t met a person capable of hating this dish. 😉
- • Dry Pasta, 2 cups (I used fusilli)
- • Olive Oil, 3 tablespoons
- • Butter, 1+1/2 tablespoon
- • Garlic Cloves, 5-6 large, chopped
- • Mushrooms, 8-10 sliced
- • Single Cream, ⅔ cup or 160 ml ( I used D'lecta Creme 25%; available at Nature's Basket)
- • Grated Cheddar Cheese, ⅓ cup
- • Salt, pepper, dried oregano, as per taste
- In a large pan, boil water with some salt. Once it reaches a roaring boil, throw in the dry pasta and cook until the pasta is done. Sieve it and set the pasta aside to be used later. Save some pasta water for the sauce.
- In another pan, heat olive oil and butter and toss in the chopped garlic. Fry the garlic on medium flame until fragrant and golden in color. Add in the sliced mushrooms. Make sure you take a large pan otherwise the mushrooms will be too crowded and won't cook well.
- Cook mushrooms until golden with slightly brown edges. Add in the cream and grated cheese along with the seasonings. Cook on low flame until the cheese melts, add in a little pasta water that you reserved to thin down the sauce if required.
- Mix the pasta in this sauce and cook for a couple of minutes until properly mixed.
- Serve hot with some garlic bread (or not).
Looking for similar recipes? Try these…