Try this simple easy to follow recipe for blueberry banana pancakes from scratch and I promise you will never go back the boxed stuff again!
I’m a sucker for good breakfasts, I eat them for dinner sometimes (I ate these with tea in the evening, no kidding!)..and I just LOVE well made pancakes, not the ones out of the box but the real thing, made from scratch. Initially when I started cooking I did, like most people, made pancakes out of the box. There’s no harm in making them but when the alternative is as easy as this, why would you wanna go back to the processed stuff? This recipe is easy to follow like my Banana and Chocolate Chip pancakes that are basically the king of breakfasts in my world! They’re everything you want a pancake to be..sweet, chocolaty, fluffy, moist..I could go on but I think you got the point. So, I just used the same recipe basically and instead of chocolate chips added some frozen blueberries to make them healthier! Next time, I’ll make sure I use fresh blueberries because fresh makes a whole lotta difference here. 🙂
If you wanna go 1 step ahead and make these even more healthy, just substitute half cup all purpose flour with wholewheat flour and you have a guilt free breakfast ready!
- • Flour (maida) , 1 cup or 128 grams
- • Baking Powder, 1 tsp
- • Salt, a pinch
- • Melted Butter, 3 tablespoons
- • Yogurt, 2 tablespoons
- • Banana Puree of 1 large ripe banana (whizz the banana in a blender until you form a puree)
- • Caster Sugar, 3 tablespoons
- • Vanilla Essence, 1 teaspoon
- • Milk, 1 cup or 240ml
- • Blueberries, ½ cup (fresh or frozen; make sure you defrost the frozen berries before using)
- • Blueberry preserve (for the top), optional
- • Extra Butter, for greasing
- Whisk together melted butter, yogurt, sugar, banana puree, milk and vanilla essence until everything is properly mixed. Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt and whsik until you form a smooth batter. Add in the blueberries and mix.
- Heat a pan on medium flame and grease with ½ tsp of butter. Pour ¼ cup of batter per pancake and cook on low flame until you see you bubbles on top of the pancake. Flip the pancake and cook the other side until golden.
- Serve the pancakes with blueberry preserve, maple syrup, fresh bananas and some blueberries!
- PS - Don't worry if your first pancake isn't perfect the second one will be. 🙂
Here are some more breakfast recipes that you should try!
Write to me for any queries!